Friday, May 14, 2010

How to make recycled rings...

As promised, I'm showing you how to make the Anna Banana recycled rings. You start with pulling the ring off the o.j. or half and half.
Here's the back view....
Now, cut the ring off with a pair of sharp scissors making sure you don't cut the ring itself.

Then, get your ribbon ready. Turn on hot glue gun and twist the ribbon a few inches. I use a clothes pin to hold it. Add a little dab of glue to the very center,and place your first twist there.

Slowly, just a little at a time, wind the twisted ribbon in a clockwise motion. Try to keep it very close together. Use thin lines of hot glue.

Just keep going until you get all the way around.

Now, take the ring that you cut off and glue it to the center. Make sure you go across so it has stability.

Here's the side view. I cover the plastic with the same ribbon so you can't see it from the side while you're wearing it.

Oila! I added a little crystal to the middle also just to cover the spot where the ribbon begins. I use silk yarn ribbon. It's very luxurious and looks very pretty, I think. Who would guess it was nothing but a little piece of plastic under there?!
So, there ya go! I hope the next time you open a new o.j. or coffee creamer, you'll think of that little ring in a whole new light! :)

Happy Crafting!
L & A 


2 comments: