Monday, May 10, 2010

Anna Banana ~ eco chic

Oh my goodness, if we didn't have fun making these up today! I have had this idea for a long time and have tried to do it many different ways, all of which didn't work. For some reason today, it clicked and I knew what to do. First, let me start off by saying that I love making something from nothing.You know those rings you normally pull off of half & half pints and orange juice lids when it's first opened? It's white and has a ring attached. For awhile now, when I would go to throw them away, I'd slip it on my finger instead and pretend it gave me "wonder twin powers" (that dates me a little, I know). I was just being silly with the kids over breakfast, but that's where the idea first came to me. I only got to wear it for a couple seconds before sombody else had to get in on it. (*light bulb moment*)So here's what we made with them....

Anna Banana ~ Blue hydrangea
Made from silk ribbon & swarovski crystal


Anna Banana~ Pastel flowers

                                              Made from silk ribbon & swarovski crystal

Aren't they adorable?? My daughter (6 yrs.) loves, loves, LOVES them! These are great for dress up play or just because you need to feel fru-fruish in Publix. Why not? They actually fit me, even though it was a little snug. I wear a 7. You can always hot glue a little ribbon around the back to make it fit perfectly if you wanted to. It's easy to adjust the size. I would show a step-by-step demo on how to make these, but I forgot to take pictures when I starrted. I'll be making more, and when I do, I'll show how to do it from start to finish. These were too cute to wait to share. We like making fun things from repurposed materials. We call anything that has been recycled, "Anna Banana jewelry."

Have fun playing with trash-it's fun!
L & A

2 comments: